Christ Community Church Small Groups
Discipleship Is a Community Project
One of the primary ways to get connected at CCC is joining our Small Group (SG)
ministry. Small groups vary in age, interests, and location. Our SG ministry provides
a source of study; a place to live out our faith in community; and is a primary
mechanism for providing care outside the formal structure of the church. Small Group
members care about each other, pray for each other, and lift each other up spiritually,
physically, and materially. They are a place where we see discipleship in action,
where we turn our head knowledge into heart knowledge and where we learn not only
about love but learn to love. Please join us in these wonderful extensions of the
body of Christ.
Types of Small Groups:
- Sermon Based: the majority of our SGs are "Sermon Based." In other words, the SGs
use the teaching from the current sermon as the basis for the SG teaching for that
week. SGs can vary in the expectation for the amount of effort expected from the
members outside of the meeting. Sermon based SGs tend to be oriented toward the
lighter side. One can participate in the discussion if one listens to the sermon
and takes notes. Additional efforts will bring additional fruit.
- Bible Studies: we have other SGs that have decided they need something a little
deeper in terms of study and/or relationships. Our SG structure allows freedom for
SGs to move away from the Sermon Based approach provided they remain Bible-based
- At CCC, we have sufficient variety in SGs that we can match individuals and couples
with a SG that fits a variety of contexts and situations.
How do I Join a Small Group?
- Sign-up for a small group during one of our quarterly CCC Small Group "Open Season."
During this period, we identify openings in existing small groups and encourage
anyone interested to join a SG.
- Get in touch with a leader of an open group. See the
information page for a summary of geographical location and descriptions of
the Small Group environments
- Be invited into an existing group by its leaders or members
- Anywhere from 3 to 15 people (varying in age, interests, location, and ministry
focus) meet regularly in a non-church setting to live out CCC’s mission of mission
and vision for God’s kingdom work
Do you Wish to Start a Small Group? We are constantly on the look-out
for potential gifted leaders to train and commission. SG leaders are required to
be members in good standing and have completed all required training.
For questions, to sign-up for a SG, or to form a new SG, Please
contact Tyler Sparks by calling 314-843-4600 or 636-575-2831.